So I at work today I was at the front desk when a woman in her mid to early 30's walks up and requests a report for an x-ray. So I look her info up and find that she had a tibia/fibula x-ray earlier toady. The report said that there was no evidence of fracture. I printed it out and gave it to her, but she asked me if there was someone that was going to read it to her and explain it. I said "well.. I think it's pretty straight forward." So she read over it and then asked me "so there no hair line fracture?" Then I just looked at her with a "are you retarded" look and she said "well, I guess not" and then she briskly walked off. Some times I wonder what is going through the mind of these people. I guess the fact that she walking around normally with no pain is not a good indicator that her leg is not broken. It was almost like she had been watching too many medical shows on TV with complex diagnosis and long winded explanations of various conditions, so when she came in and her x-ray report was only 2 or 3 sentences she was disappointed. Anyway, as you can tell I guess that I get frustrated with some of the patients that I have to deal with.
DAVE
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment