Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Perfect Storm of bureaucratic crap. So as you may know, A few weeks ago I got a nice fat ticket from the Provo Pigs for not having insurance on my Motorcycle. So I went to a traffic referee and she told me I could cough up $300 and then get $100 back at the end of 6 months if I still had the insurance, or I could go to court and face a judge and have a chance at getting the thing dismissed. So of course I chose to have a court date. The whole time this is going on I have the fact that my tags on my car are about to expire at the end of the month, but I also have my check engine light on because my air pump is not working. So I took my car in on Friday and they told me that I needed a new air pump which they could get for me for only the fabulous price of $275 (but I found one on E-bay for only $130), and they charged my $70 for the diagnostic. Then I got a letter from the city telling me that my drivers license has been suspended because of the ticket that I got on my motorcycle. To get driving privileges again I need to pay a $25 reinstatement fee and then file a SR-22 (which costs $100). So I figure if everything goes wrong for me I'll end up having to pay close to $700 to the MAN just so I can drive my own vehicles. On the other hand if everything goes well I will only have to pay about $150-$200. Anyway, not everything in life has sucked as bad as the whole trying to drive and stay out of jail stuff. For instance tonight Virginia and I had a BBQ. Our friends Ben and Anne let us use their patio (Thanks again guys!!!) to BBQ some 'kabobs, and they were deeee-licious!!! See for your self:



Also I had an adventure when I took my car into the shop. I rode public transportation for my first time in about 15 years!!! it was so gross being with all those ghetto people.... hahaha just kidding. It actually wasn't that bad, in fact not bad at all.

Then on Saturday we tried to go golfing, but got there five minutes too late, and they wouldn't rent us any golf clubs, so we walked around the new neighborhood built around the course for a little while.

So that's pretty much it for now. I'll post how I do with the MAN when I get it all sorted out.
DAVE

1 comment:

Anne said...

looks like a good bbq dave- ben was drooling over the meet and sad we couldn't stay. good luck with the man!