Monday, April 30, 2007

Last Saturday I was planning on doing some stuff with my Virginia, but she had to work so I decided to go on a little motorcycle adventure. I left around 12 noon and headed south on Hwy 89 that goes through Springville. I had arranged to meet my friend Bryon from work at his house in Spanish Fork to give him some things that I had for him and also to get directions to my destination, the Nebo Loop. After Bryon's house I realized that I was really quite hungry so I stopped in at a "One Man Band" restaurant. It was my first time being in one and it was kind of interesting. You go in and seat yourself, then go over the menu and decide what you want. Then you pick up a phone at the end of your booth that rings to the cook and then you can tell him what you want. I thought it was kind of weird because I picked a booth that was kind of close to the cook anyway, so I could have just told him rather than calling on the phone. Anyway, after you get your order placed you can help yourself to drinks. The restaurant was kind of messy but it did have some cool posters and 1950's style decorations. The food was about what I expected for a hamburger and fries, I don't think that I'll be going back to one soon though. After lunch I got back on the road and headed south. The road for the loop was closed which was kind of nice because I could still squeeze through the gate which meant that I would not have any cars, or really any traffic at all to worry about. I climbed up and around to the loop to Payson lakes and some really cool camp grounds. At the top the elevation was about 8,000 feet. I was originally planning on going all the way around the loop, but I ran into a problem when the road was covered in about 2 feet of snow near the top. The snow was melting fast because it was a really warm day, probably about 75 up at the top, but I was unable to get around it. So, defeated I turned around and headed back home. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.










DAVE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of this "snow" that defeated you? I have seen no evidence in any of the photographs. And should you realy have gone up there if the road was closed? What would your mother think? You are a married man, you have responsibilities now. The radiology office would come crashing down if you did not show up due to an accident on a snow-covered closed mountainous road. Why, some lady could have kidnapped you over the winter in her cabin, forced you to write a sequel to your best selling novels. Oh, wait, that has been done. Bonus points for naming the movie and or book.