

Also in some very sad new my friend Scott's wife (Jewel) is sick in a bad way, but we are praying for and hoping for the best. I am going up to Washington this next weekend to show my support for their family.
In other news Virginia is still in driving school and only has one more supervised drive before she can take her final test for the class.
My favorite show "The Office" has been awesome so far in its first two episodes. Virginia and I watch it every week right after Ugly Betty. I never thought I would enjoy TV shows as much as I do... I don't know if the shows are getting better or I am getting more dumber... maybe a little of both. My personal book club had kind of been put on hold with the new season of my favorite shows and the MLB playoffs going on right now. I am so very happy that the Yankers are down 2-0 in their series with the Indians. It always makes me happy when the Lakers or the Yankers lose in the playoffs.
In random things that have been on my mind, I think that have been on my mind. Democrats are trying to destroy our country. It comes down the that fact the most Democrats don't believe in the American people to accomplish on their own... despite the last more than 200 years of proof of the opposite. Take for example Hillary (The Devil) Clinton, she wants to give everyone born a $5000 grant for basically whatever they want, for no particular reason besides being born. Since when does giving people anything, besides education and knowledge, do them any good? Look at the people in the world today and ask yourself who has more character and makes the place they live better, The ones who have worked for what they have or the ones who have been given things? A while ago when I knew a guy who was a fanatical conservative, but he said something that I thought was very interesting. He brought up the example of the Native Americans in this country and how in his mind the worst thing that whites did to them was not kicking them off the land, but rather giving them huge amounts of government assistance. If you think about it, it really makes sense because a large portion of the problems that plague their society is due to the fact that they don't have to work for many of the things that they have, and it has bred complacence in some cases and the problems that go along with it. Also, socialized medicine has been in the news. Since when has health care been a basic human right? A few years ago in one of my BYU health classes (International Health) my Professor (Steven Hawks) was lecturing the class on how much money is spent on the high tech health care in this country, and how if we took that money away and spent it on basic health care for everyone it would be so wonderful, and to my surprise most of the people in my class were all nodding their heads like little sheep. I raised my hand and brought up the fact that he was basically talking about socialism and communism. He said to me in short, "so you think that because some one has more money they should receive better health care". At which point most of the people in the class gave me dirty looks like "you jerk, you think some rich guy should get better health care than a poor little baby." But, yes I do. Health care is not a basic right, and shouldn't be. We already have a list of basic rights that have served us pretty well over the last few centuries called the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. Just because its sounds like a nice thing to do does not make it a good thing to do. It would sound great to a lot of people if the a candidate said he believed that not only health care but food and housing should be a basic right, but my guess is that they wouldn't really like it that much when their personal freedoms were taken away to accomplish those things. Anyways, I am rambling now, so I just say that if you want to make decisions for yourself, vote for conservatives, if you want the government to make decisions for you, vote for liberals. Maybe I have been listen to too much talk radio.
Finally here are some pics of a trip that Virginia and I took up to Bountiful the weekend before KTP's wedding.


DAVE
5 comments:
Oh boy! I will be very surprised if you don't get flamed for this one!
Glad to see you are still alive! I'm so glad your sister found a nice tall boy- she even had on heels! I agree about the health care too Dave, so keep ranting!
I don't like how I look in the picture with me and Virginia, I vote to have it taken off. I look like a lion, a boy lion with a mane. KTP
That's hillarious (and kind of true) THE PICTURE STAYS!!!!
Hey David! This is your uncle Willy down in Big Water UT. Nice blog! And you are right on about liberals versus conservatives. Too bad so many conservatives are spineless and vote for big govt programs, like the way GW and the Repubs all voted for Medicare drug plan, a huge new welfare program. As I was reading your comments on the Constitution, I wondered if you were aware of Ron Paul. www.RonPaul2008.com
For him, every issue comes down to the Constitution and liberty.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and wish you well.
Willy
willystarman@hotmail.com
Post a Comment