Well first thing's first. We're gonna have a baby!! So as you can imagine we are very excited. I am going to start a poll on the side here >>>>> to try and guess if it's going to be a boy or girl. I think it's going to be a girl, and V thinks we are going to have a boy. So feel free to guess yourself. The last two weeks have kind of flown by rather quickly. As you may know we have been looking for houses and have decided to put an offer on the one in Springville. Also last weekend as I already said I was up in Washington. Unfortunately it was for a funeral of my friend Ben's mother. It was only the second funeral that I have ever been to, and the first one I was too young to really know what was going on......
Update: The first paragraph there was drafted about a week ago....
We got the house in Springville!! It was kind of weird how we ended up getting it. We told the listing agent that we wanted to put an offer down and so he came over and we filled out all the paper work for the offer and sent it off to the seller. Then the next day to our supprise the seller came back with a counter off of $5000 more than the original asking price. According to our agent (who is the agent for the seller as well) the seller didn't want to pay the closing cost so they just added that to the asking price. When we got the counter offer I was really bummed out because I thought there was no way that we were going to get that house. So we countered at about 3k more than our original offer and took the washer and dryer off the list of things to stay in the house because the agent mentioned that the seller wanted to keep them. I thought the seller might come back even higher that the first counter, but to my great surprise the seller accepted our offer. So as of now we are working on the details and paper work trying to get everything set to close by the end of the month. One of the things that I was worried about was our contract at our apt. that doesn't end until August. We had our offer contingent of us being able to sell our contract, so as soon as the seller accepted we had to start trying to sell it. I posted it on criagslist at around 11pm on Wednesday night and I got a call about it at 1am and then started getting calls every 10min at 6am the next day. I had it sold by 9am and took it off craigslist, but I still got calls about it all day. Apparently married housing is a big commodity here in Provo right now. I had offered to take $100 off our deposit but after the bombardment of calls and e-mails that was quickly retracted. If I would have know I probably would have tried to turn a profit on it...oh well.
Virginia is doing alright so far, she has good times and no so good times. I am glad because I think she is doing really well compared to how she could be doing.
So as you can see things have been going really well for us and we feel really blessed. Hope to have some pictures soon.
DAVE
11 years ago
4 comments:
Oh congratulations to both of you! That's wonderful about the baby- boy or girl, I'm sure it will be absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the house too!
Papa Bear Dave, congratulations to the both of you! That is awsome, My vote is twins. Ha Ha. Nice job on the house also, so I take it that your not planning on leaving Utah anytime soon. Well good luck and have fun. Take care
I like Julieta Venegas too.
Oh, by the way, my new URL is 1001rabbits.blogspot.com
CONGRATS BIG BIRD! Dude, you obvioulsy haven't learned yet that your wife is ALWAYS right. It's a boy. We are excited for you guys. I'm concerned with your exit strategy from Utah though. Obviously Ben and I have failed. I guess we'll have to resort to more brutal verbal abuse. But for now, I suppose congrats on the house and the future mini-dave. Be nice to V and go get her ice cream whenever she wants.
Post a Comment