Saturday, November 24, 2018

So this happened the other day...
Then not too long after that picture I took this one...
Then the nice people at the hospital took these for me.




 Grade 3 Shoulder separation!
I was riding down a little section of three jumps at the bike park. Not really going fast or getting off the ground. On the last jump right at the top my front wheel slipped out and to the left which left me sprawling in the air and landing hard on my right shoulder. I heard a fairly loud snap and got the wind knocked out of me, and immediately thought that I had broken my collarbone,  my brother and some guys there help me walk the bike back to the car and then he drove me over to the Judith’s house who took me to the emergency room at Valley Medical Center. It was there that I learned that I had not broken my collar bone, but had instead separated my shoulder. I spent the weekend somewhat high on pain meds until I could get into see a specialist who basically told me that they don't do anything for my injury besides rest and and rehab. So hopefully in a few weeks or months I'll be back to normal. Currently the worst part of this injury is trying to sleep at night. But it seems to be getting a little better everyday. The only good part of this whole thing is that I've been able to watch a TON of NBA, and the games have been awesome.

In other news.... Eva turned 10!
This happy occasion was preceded by a bit of tragedy though. If you skip to the 6:18 point in the video you'll see what I am talking about. (And NO!, this was not premeditated. Some of my friends, who apparently think I'm some kind of monster, asked me if I knew the hamster was dead)
RIP Teddy. (2018-2018)
So we had a little burial for Teddy, and then the next morning we headed out to Petco to get an new birthday hamster.


 While there Eva got another birthday surprise. She met Mochi a corgi puppy!

Welcome to the family Hammy Potter!
We also had some friends we met camping come over to have pizza, carve pumpkins and make s'mores. On the right is Soichi and on the left is his wife Yui. They are from Tokyo Japan. Soichi is here working for ANA, and is in training with Boeing.

I've also been making bread here and there. I made these rolls, then I got some beef to sous vide, borrowed a meat slicer and we made Au Jus sandwiches which were excellent.

The 1996 Volvo 850 is gone. I sold it for $820. I was kind of sad to see it go since it had been such a great car. It was the car that we drove from Utah for our honeymoon, brought the kids home from the hospital in, and many other adventures. 



 I took V down to Portland for an early anniversary trip.  We saw Lebron and the Lakers play. The game was decent, but I was a little disappointed because it was obvious that Lebron was only putting out around 50% effort.
  Penny birthday was a so fun. She turned 9 and got a bunch of cool stuff, but her favorite things were...
 Her gold high-tops.
 And her Unicorn Onsie.
She had also had a Harry Potter themed party.


 Thanksgiving was a great success. I did my first Sous Vide turkey! It turned out great.

I've been walking the girls home from school when the weather has allowed. 
 Mostly because this is all they seem to want to do!
 Now that Thanksgiving has past, it's time for Christmas decorating!
 Dave

No comments: